Since 2007, I have had to do a complete overhaul on my diet as part of my healing journey. I basically had to adopt a new lifestyle of eating. It hasn’t been easy. As I’ve had to try all kinds!
From The Maker’s Diet to RAW foods to The Colon Diet to Macrobiotics to Nourishing Traditions to Paleo to Mercola Diet to Body Ecology to Blood-Type Diet, and a Partridge in a pear tree! LOL ;-D Got to find some humor in all of this sometimes!
I will be blogging about this in another post. As I’ve learned the pros and cons, and how all of them have some good in it. It’s just a matter of finding what works for me. And what will work for you. As we are all individuals and have different needs.
In the meantime, I want to share this quick salad recipe. As I’ve had to learn to eat MORE plant based foods with a small amount of animal protein. And this is a great recipe when you have little time but still need to eat a healthy, nutritious meal. Anyone can prepare this easy recipe! It serves one person but you can modify it.
– 5 leaves of chopped organic romaine lettuce
– 1 to 2 medium sized chopped vine ripened tomatoes
– 1/2 of a local cucumber (chopped to your liking)
– 1 whole sliced avocado
– 1 cup of Organic Quinoa & Kale Blend by Good Grains (I got mine at Costco)
– BRAGGS Organic ACV
– Himalayan Sea Salt
– Black Pepper
– Follow directions on the bag of the Organic Quinoa & Kale Blend. You can also prep this ahead of time and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
– Place the veggies in a good size personal bowl. According to the order listed. Topped with sliced avocado.
– Add the cup of Q & K Blend (optional: place in a small ramekin or small bowl to create a smooth shape)
– Mix the dressing in a bowl. Drizzle over the salad.
You’ve got yourself a hearty & nutritious lunch. And packed with Omega 3’s and Omega 6’s fatty acids. We need a good balance of these two healthy fatty acids to avoid disease and simply keep us functioning!
Bon Appetit! 😉
One thought on “Quick Salad Recipe”
This looks so delicious! I’ve gotta try it! thanks!